Webssi is a web interface for irssi. It allows you to control your running irssi using your browser.
- Because a web interface isn't limited to a x*y grid of characters like a console, allowing an easier to use and more powerful interface
- Because making distributed IRC clients is the new rage in the IRC world (see icecap, quassel)
- Because making an already powerful irc client (irssi) distributed is easier than starting a new distributed client, and trying to make it as good as irssi
- Because you can control it from anywhere, without needing to install anything!
What technology does it use?
- irssi-side: A webserver running in an irssi script (
- communication: json
How do I install it
If you just want to use it: don't, it's not ready yet.
But if you want to help out, or just play with it a bit, see Setup Webssi.
Can I help?
Yes please :)
If you know Perl, you can help on the irssi-side. If you know Java, you can help on the client-side.
See Design and TODO.
Show me some screenshots!
These screenshots don't really mean anything. No effort has been made yet to make it look good. The next version might look totally different.